Renovating Small Bathrooms
Renovating small bathrooms can seem like a difficult task to tackle however it allows you to be come a clever problem solver when you have to figure out how to create a storage-friendly and functional space. In a small bathroom every element must be functional, have a purpose and play a part in creating a sanctuary.
Add creative storage
Showcase your towels and linens in open shelving
- Use some colourful and textures towels to add warmth and livelihood to your space.
- Other shelving ideas:
- Floating shelving
- Storage ladders
- Stacked wooden crates
Every object must have a purpose and not be clutter
- Avoid knick-knacks or objects without purpose
- Minimize counter space by storing personal products
- Store items such as cotton swabs and balls in glass jars for additional appeal
Pick a Palette
Choose a calming, soothing and neutral colour for your bathroom walls
- Painting a wall an accent colour takes time, and a darker colour risks making the room feel smaller
- Base the theme of your bathroom around your neutral colour
- Use textures and patterns to create depth in a small bathroom
Pop in with Colour
Neutral doesn't mean boring; use your bathroom rug, curtain and tile to bring in pops of colour.
- Add personality and flair with personal items such as a robe and towels.
- Paint your mirror frame an accent colour to add contrast and complexity
|Tags: Home Improvement Recent Work Renovation Tips|